Why is Virat Kohli considered a goat in cricket?
- Virat Kohli is very successful in all forms of cricket.
- He set the record for the quickest 23,000 international career runs.
- Virat Kohli maintains the highest level of fitness.
- Virat Kohli has received all major cricket awards from ICC and others.
- Kohli has one of the strongest mental strengths.
- He has one of the highest batting averages of 57.7 in ODIs
Virat Kohli has made the most centuries than any other active cricketer
As of November 2022, Virat Kohli has scored 71 international centuries—27 in Test cricket, 43 in ODIs, and 1 in T20Is than any other active cricketer. Virat Kohli has scored a century in the second innings more times than anybody else in history. His seven centuries are the most ever scored by a captain in a single game.
Virat Kohli has one of the best cricketing batting technique
Because of his height and the fact that Virat Kohli has put a lot of effort into improving his fitness, he is a much superior front-foot player. Regarding the flip shot, Kohli is more powerful than the other players. Because Kohli presses forward with his natural movement and possesses a horizontal back-lift, he is more effective on his front foot than when he is playing off his back foot.
As the bowler prepares to release the ball, Kohli makes a trigger movement that causes him to step back into the crease and hunch low to judge the ball's length. As a result of this movement, he is very harsh on deliveries that are placed in the slot. Kohli enjoys using both of their feet, playing the flick in front of the square, and targeting straight boundaries in their games.
On occasions, Kohli's bat speed has worked against him in Test cricket on wickets with seam movement or sharp spin. These kinds of surfaces need a player to have more control of his swing. There are instances when he goes at the ball with too much force, without putting his front foot forward and across the field.
Virat Kohli has a strong mindset to focus on winning the games for team and perfom at his best
When it comes to batting, mindset is one of the most important factors, and it is just this component that has allowed Virat Kohli to develop into the attacking batsman he is today. The Indian batter has a superior state of mind that enables him to demonstrate purpose and dominate bowlers. This is something that is also driven by his insatiable desire to achieve success. Even though he was batting away from home against one of the best bowling attacks, he didn't back down from the challenge of facing the bowlers and played a brave style of cricket.
Kohli has a well-rounded understanding of the sport overall. He is well aware of his past accomplishments, but they are not the primary focus of his attention. He places a far higher priority on winning games for India, and he views this accomplishment as his primary purpose. On a more global scale, he is well aware of his place in the competition and the influence that he may have on others.
Virat Kohli has potential to break most of the batting records
As of November 2022, Virat Kohli is currently the player with the most total runs scored in Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is). In 113 Twenty20 Internationals, he has scored 3932 runs at an outstanding average of over 53 and a strike rate of 138.45. He needs 68 more runs to become the first batter in the history of the current T20 to reach the milestone of 4,000 runs scored.
Virat Kohli has been set to break record of highest runs and most centuries of Sachin Tendulkar in ODIs.
Virat Kohli has received all major cricket awards from ICC and other cricketing organizations
Virat Kohli has received one of the highest honors and awards through halfway career
|2018||ICC Test Player of the Year|
|2012||ICC ODI Player of the Year|
|2017||ICC ODI Player of the Year|
|2018||ICC ODI Player of the Year|
|2016||Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World|
|2017||Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World|
|2018||Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World|
|2011–2020||Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy||ICC Men's Cricketer of the Decade|
|2017||Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy||ICC Cricketer of the Year|
|2018||Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy||ICC Cricketer of the Year|
|2017||Padma Shri||India's fourth highest civilian award|
|2018||Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award|||
One incident that changed Virat Kohli to be one of the greatest cricketer of all time
When Kohli's father Prem died away in December 2006, when he was watching a Ranji Trophy game in Delhi, the resilience of Kohli's intellect was put to the test. It was anticipated that he would pull out of playing for Delhi versus Karnataka; nonetheless, he continued to participate. Instead, he came out and scored 90 runs in a last-ditch attempt to preserve Delhi from loss with the help of his teammates.
- ↑ Dec 3, TIMESOFINDIA COM / Updated:; 2017; Ist, 19:16. "Virat Kohli surpasses Brian Lara for most double centuries as captain | Cricket News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2022-11-07.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link) CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- ↑ Dinakar, S. (2016-03-28). "Kohli's technique both unique and complete". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2022-11-07.
- ↑ M, Krishnan. "Four Records Held By Virat Kohli And The Most Likely Contenders To Break Them". www.sportskeeda.com. Retrieved 2022-11-07.
- ↑ "Virat Kohli gets Arjuna Award, list of Arjun Awardees in Cricket - Cricwaves Mobile". www.cricwaves.com. Retrieved 2022-11-07.
- ↑ "Virat Kohli receives Padma Shri Award at Rashtrapati Bhavan, watch video". The Indian Express. 2017-03-30. Retrieved 2022-11-07.
- ↑ Sep 25, PTI / Updated:; 2018; Ist, 21:59. "Virat Kohli, Mirabai Chanu bask in Khel Ratna glory | More sports News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2022-11-07.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link) CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- ↑ "When Virat Kohli Shared Why He Played Ranji Trophy's Match Hours After His Father Prem Kohli's Death". BollywoodShaadis. 2022-11-05. Retrieved 2022-11-07.