How does a person outside the U.S. address a Senator when writing to them in a letter?

2023 © Wikiask
Other topics: Etiquette, Forms, U.S.
Short answer:

The Honorable (Name)

United States Senate

Washington, D.C. 20510

The website has a page detailing how to contact Senators, which say that Senators, when addressed in a letter, should be "The Honorable (Name)".[1][2]

There is no specific recommendations of how foreigners should address a U.S. Senator, so one can assume that the same honorific is adequate.


  1. "U.S. Senate: Contacting U.S. Senators". Retrieved 2022-11-14.
  2. "Official Forms of Address". Emily Post. Retrieved 2022-11-14.